Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Just how you reckon this happened?

'Move along folks...  Nothing to see here!'
This is what greeted me the other morning when I went out to feed Pancho and Lefty.   There he was standing there, with this slightly embarrassed look on his face.   As some of you might know, we gave the boys hula hoops to play with when we first got them.   They (along with every toy we gave them) were ignored for the better part of a month.   Then I happened to be down in the low part of the pasture one day and I found one of the hula hoops with definite teeth imprints on it, so I knew that they had been playing with it.

I brought it up to the top of the pasture and then it became 'OK' with them to play with it.   It was on their own terms.

Fast forward a month or so, and I'm greeting to Lefty wearing the hula hoop just like the Scarlet Letter that Hester Prynne in Nathaniel Hawthorn's great novel.   You could see it in his eyes, he was embarrassed that he had to wait for us to help him get this thing off.

I still want to know, just how did that happen?   Oh to have had a hidden camera out in the pasture to have witnessed that.  I could be $100,000.00 richer for submitting it to 'America's Funniest Home Videos" (Is that show even still on?)

Well, it was really early and this scene was way to much to not share, so I went in and woke up Lori.   I told her she had to come with me.  She had this startled look on her face, and she immediately thought something was wrong with one of the donkeys.  I then smiled and showed her the picture and she and I both laughed.  In fact, I had to force myself not to laugh when I went to wake her up.

We go out, and there he is, still standing just as he was in the picture.   How could we get it off him.  Lori tried to pet him and he started to pull away.  I told her to use the hula hoop as a handle.  She did and it came apart and off him it went.   He took off like he's just been given a new lease on life.   The now unhooked hula hoop lay on the ground not fully round any longer.   

I can say, that I'm going to throw the old broken hula hoop away because after a week or so, it's not been touched by the donkeys.   I feel their 'Hula Hoop' days might be over.   Life is never dull with them I tell you.

The hula hoop back in the good old days.


1 comment:

  1. Don't stop dancing, donkey-people... America's Funniest Videos is still on. :D

    ReplyDelete